Our law firm is a growing boutique family law firm located in Bethesda, MD. Lloyd Malech, Principal of Malech Law, is a dynamic, successful, top-rated attorney with over 25 years of experience in family law. Malech Law advocates both in and out of the courtroom for divorce, custody, child support, and domestic violence cases. Our team is growing and we are looking for a new member who shares our values.
Trust: We treat our clients and colleagues with understanding and respect, and work to the best of our ability to get favorable outcomes.
Teamwork: We pitch in and help each other to get the best results for each of our clients in a collaborative manner.
Drive and persistence: We believe in aggressively representing our clients’ interests within a strong ethical framework.
The position requires experience in family law and an interest in growing our firm with advancement opportunities.
About Associate Attorney Position
- Managing assigned cases including: drafting motions, conducting depositions and discovery, negotiating with opposing counsel, appearing in court and supporting the principal on his caseload
- Reporting on case progress and briefings on case status
- Business development
- Track record for courtroom success
- Effective written advocacy for drafting briefs and motions
- Proficiency for conducting discovery and drafting letters to opposing counsel and courts
- Attention to details
Credentials & Skills
- Maryland Bar membership is required and DC or VA Bar membership is a plus
- Legal writing
- Legal research
- Proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel
- Clio or other law practice management software is a plus
- Self-directed, self-confident, and excellent problem-solving skills
- Motivated by solving client problems and getting positive results
This is a full-time salaried exempt position located in Bethesda, MD, reporting directly to the principal.
Competitive salary plus benefits and includes paid leave, flexible schedule, and no travel outside the DC metro area.
To apply, please submit your resume and references via email to Admin@Malechlaw.com. If your family law work experience is less than two years, please include your law school transcripts. We will respond within one week. No phone calls, please.